Attracting foreign direct investment (FDI) to Canada’s various regions and industries is crucial to growing them, the Canadian companies operating within them, and Canada’s overall economy. FDI in Canada creates jobs, drives innovation, strengthens our supply chains, deepens our tax pool, supports local services, and provides opportunities for social development – in both our urban centres and in our remote communities.
But investment attraction is a high-stakes global competition. This series will look at what Canada’s competitive advantages are and how we can further improve our attractiveness to capital, companies and talent. It will explore this from the perspective of our overall economy, our key industries, and that of our cities and regions from East to West. Most importantly, it will also explore these issues from the perspective of foreign investors themselves who have chosen to invest and grow their businesses in Canada, or our looking at Canada as a possible destination for investment.
Canadian investment attraction and competitiveness are vital to develop a strong, resilient future economy. We must get this right.
- Toronto’s Tech & Innovation Ecosystem
- VideoToronto: A Safe Haven for Investment Stephen Lund CEO - Toronto Global
- VideoAttracting Investment to Regina & Saskatchewan John Lee President & CEO - Economic Development Regina
- Regina’s Agri-Food Innovation Ecosystem
- VideoThe Future of Canada’s Agriculture & Agri-food Sector Murad Al-Katib President & CEO - AGT Food and Ingredients
- Convergence, Innovation and the Economy: The Best Ecosystem to Attract Investment Laurette Dubé Chair and Scientific Director - McGill Centre for the Convergence of Health Economics
- VideoMidsized City Manufacturing Above its Weight Kapil Lakhotia President & CEO - London Economic Development Corporation
- London's Manufacturing Industry
- Megatrends & Canada as the Incubator of the Future Economy and Society Shankkar Aiyar Visiting Fellow - IDFC Institute
- Why Invest in Canada
- VideoForeign Direct Investment in Canada's Economy Goldy Hyder President & CEO - Business Council of Canada
- Canada Offers Top Talent, Low Costs and Trade with 51 Countries Ian McKay CEO - Invest in Canada
- Putting Canada on the Map as a Major Energy Exporting Country Susannah Pierce Director of Corporate Affairs - LNG Canada
- Canadian Mining: A variety of underutilized mineral resources Sam Farris President & General Manager, Operations - K+S Potash Canada
- Montreal's Strengths as a Cybersecurity Hub