Opportunity – Reinvention – Prosperity
- To foster meaningful dialogue towards a strong shared vision of what Canada’s future economy should be, where the nation’s economy and industries are now, and the transformations needed to bridge the two.
- To present leading opinions from business, policy and thought leaders on their vision for Canada’s future economy and the means to transition towards it.
- To inform and educate industry, government, stakeholders and the public about the Canadian economy’s transformation, the reinvention of its main sectors and the emergence of new engines of growth.
- To underscore successful adaptations within various Canadian industries and underscore their possible application to other sectors.
- To highlight opportunities for Canadian and foreign companies to invest and do business within Canada’s cities, provinces, industries and its future economy.
- To support and accelerate the transition and reinvention of Canada’s economic sectors towards a more sustainable and prosperous future for all Canadians.
Tim is a native Canadian who spent the last 15 years living and working around the world: East and Central Asia, the Middle East, North and Sub-Saharan Africa, East and Western Europe, Latin America, the Caribbean, and North America – he’s definitely got some stories to share. It is during this decade and a half on the road that he gained invaluable experience covering countries and industries on all four corners of the globe for highly respected international business titles. He founded Milestone GRP in 2011 with the mission of producing in-depth investment publications that provide international investors and businesses essential information on growing economies and industries around the world. The resulting Global Investor’s Guide series has been widely acclaimed by companies and investors alike, and has completed high-profile projects in Asia, the Middle East, South America, Europe as well as three repeat projects in Canada.
Founding TheFutureEconomy.ca – part of Milestone GRP – is in line with Tim’s strong mission of supporting Canada’s ongoing transition to a more sustainable and prosperous economy. He considers driving forward important conversations about the development, innovation, reinvention and the future-readiness of Canada’s economy crucial to ensuring that his kids and all young Canadians will be well-positioned to thrive at home and abroad.
Tim holds a Masters degree in International Relations from London Metropolitan University. He speaks English, French, Spanish, Japanese and Italian. He now lives in his hometown of Montreal with his family.
Director – Western Canada
Florent (‘Flo’) has been the Canada Director for Milestone GRP since 2012 and assumes the same role for TheFutureEconomy.ca. He successfully led Milestone’s three high-profile projects in the country, including the acclaimed ‘Industry Roadmap: The Future of Oil & Gas’ event held in Calgary in February 2016.
With over a decade of experience leading projects in 12 countries across North America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, Flo is passionate about international current affairs, business, energy, sustainability, travel and social media. He speaks English, French and Dutch fluently, German and Spanish moderately and can greet locals in at least another dozen languages including Arabic, Swahili and Bahasa Indonesia.
Flo has a BA in Business Administration from the Hotelschool The Hague and has conducted over 500 top-level interviews around the world, including with Heads of States, Premiers, Ministers, Central Bank Governors, Deans and top executives of the largest corporations in each country. Ask him for a good travel story – he’s got a few!