Main Topics Discussed
- Importance of collaboration in the oil and gas industry
- Maximizing the commercial potential of Canadian innovation
- Funding innovation in Alberta’s energy sector and promoting economic diversification
- The balance between a strong energy sector and climate leadership
- Creating environmental policies without compromising competitiveness
- Measures to stimulate the transition to a low carbon economy
Gordon Lambert retired from Suncor Energy on January 1, 2015. He is currently the Suncor Sustainability Executive in Residence at the Ivey School of Business, a board member of Alberta Innovates, and has established GRL Collaboration for Sustainability as a consulting practice. He is an advisor and frequent speaker on energy, the environment and innovation. He was instrumental in the creation of Canada’s Oil Sands Innovation Alliance (COSIA) and in 2014, was a speaker on Innovation and Collaboration at the World Economic Forum in Tianjin China. In 2015/16 he has been a member of the WEF Global Council consisting of 1200 people globally who help shape the future agenda of the organization including its work on the Future of Oil and Gas. With Suncor Energy Gord served as the VP Sustainability and in 2013, he was appointed Executive Advisor Sustainability and Innovation where he supported the CEO, senior executive team and the Board of Directors. He has 36 years experience in the energy sector including 17 years with Suncor, two years with TransAlta and 15 years with Imperial Oil. He was a recent member of the Alberta Climate Leadership Advisory Panel to the Environment Minister and the Premier.