The Future of Biomanufacturing
The theme of this series is the development and application of biomanufacturing and bioengineering to advance Canada’s knowledge-based economy and ensure Canada is competitive in the sector’s growing global market.
Improving Canada’s capacity in bioengineering and biomanufacturing will help Canada lead in low-carbon manufacturing and advanced engineering health technologies, among other areas, and tackle complex problems including food security.
This series will also highlight developments, and necessary improvements, in Canada’s biology innovation system; the skills and talent required to prepare our future workforce; and the collaborations and investments needed to make Canada competitive in biomanufacturing and bioengineering.
- VideoCanada’s Bioinnovation Pipeline: Growing the Bioeconomy with Early-Stage R&D Dr. Lakshmi Krishnan Vice President, Life Sciences - National Research Council (NRC)
- VideoAI-Assisted Genomic Modelling: Simulations in Bioengineering Dr. Radhakrishnan Mahadevan Professor - University of Toronto
- VideoEngineering Biology in Agri-Food: Protecting Food Security and Sequestering Carbon Dr. Steven Webb Executive Director and CEO - Global Institute for Food Security (GIFS)
- VideoBioethics and GE3LS Research: Guiding Canadian Bioengineering Dr. Vardit Ravitsky Professor of Bioethics and President - Université de Montréal and International Association of Bioethics
- VideoSynthetic Biology: Building the Future of the Canadian Economy Dr. Keith Pardee Assistant Professor - Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto
- VideoCollaboration in Canadian Genomics: Domestic and International Partnerships in Bioengineering and Biomanufacturing Bettina Hamelin & Rob Annan President & CEO - Ontario Genomics // President & CEO - Genome Canada
- VideoCanada’s Research Ecosystem & The Response to COVID-19 Rob Annan President & CEO - Genome Canada
- Canada’s Untapped Potential in the Industrial Bioeconomy Jeff Passmore Founder & Chair - Scaling Up
- Canada’s Strong Life Sciences Ecosystem Poised for Growth Allan Miranda Regional Head - JLABS Canada, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
- VideoCOVID-19 Research: Vaccines, Genomics & Open Science Aled Edwards Chief Executive - Structural Genomics Consortium
- VideoCanada’s Earth Science Research and its Lessons for Navigating Future Crises Barbara Sherwood Lollar Professor in Earth Sciences - University of Toronto